APICORP provides a full range of project finance solutions designed to help energy companies create value and growth.
Leveraging its extensive regional expertise, both Islamic and conventional, and strong relationships with financial institutions and governments, APICORP provides tailored solutions that answer the complex and challenging financing needs of large projects.
APICORP brings to each project its robust technical and advisory capabilities; leadership in syndicating regional oil and gas financings; ability to meet the demanding needs of businesses; and significant underwriting capacity.
Although focused on the Arab world, APICORP extends its support to non-Arab projects that bring direct benefits to Arab economies. In 2011, APICORP established a partnership with the International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, to co-finance developing-country energy projects featuring Arab investments.
In providing project finance solutions, APICORP plays a wide range of banking roles:
- Structuring Bank: to create a flexible financing structure while ensuring costs are competitive.
- Underwriter: to assure the client that the funds will be available on the terms agreed.
- Book-Runner and Information Memorandum: to ensure the successful distribution of the debt in regional markets, thereby creating new banking relationships for the client.
- Technical Bank: to liaise between the borrower and the banks and to assist prospective lenders in enhancing their technical understanding and associated risks of the project.
- Modelling Bank: to create the model for determining the client’s debt servicing capacity.
- Asset base financing: APICORP has been active for more than 10 years in shipping finance and ranks amongst the leaders in the region. APICORP has been financing all the major ship-owners in the entire Arab region for their acquisition of new and second hand vessels, including oil and gas and petrochemical tankers, FPSOs and offshore service vessels. Also, APICORP has developed solid expertise in the financing of onshore and offshore rigs.
- Documentation Bank: To coordinate the preparation of the Facility documentation between the borrower’s legal counsels and the lenders’ legal counsels on behalf of the lending group.
- Agent Bank: To protect the interest of the participating banks in administering the loans, from managing loan disbursements and repayments to coordinating waivers and amendments requests.
- Account Bank: To manage a Project cash in-flow and out-flow as per the terms of the cash waterfall in the facility documentation agreed between the borrower, the Project sponsors and the lending group.